
After finding out that I got the job, Mark immediately said "we're going out to celebrate!" We don't go out very often, so when we do, it's extra special! He took me to Duff's restaurant in this neat little neighborhood downtown. It was pretty good... I had a spinach/feta pastry on roasted red pepper hummus, and Mark had a steak salad. Plus, he had a really good beer (I don't know what it was called) so that made it even better!
Next, we drove to Bailey's Chocolate Bar in another great area of St. Louis. We went there on the recommendation of Mike & Melissa, who live in our complex & are also from Columbus. This place rocked! The decor was great... red walls, red candle holders, and black tables, chairs & candelabras. My 2 favorite colors! It was very romantic : )
Mark had another great beer, and I had coffee that came with one of the cutest things ever... heart shaped sugar cubes! We both got our OWN dessert (I know, we were spoiling ourselves!). Mark had a chocolate brownie that was filled with warm gooey chocolate, with Bailey's ice cream on top. I had a chocolate bar, which was chocolate cake layered with butter cream, and ice cream on the side. Mark puts it best when he sayd "It's so good when it hits your lips".
We came home and watched the French flick Amelie, which you should check out if you haven't seen it. I'm not a great film critic, so I won't try to describe it... I will just say that it's a great movie about life & enjoying the small things : )
Anyway, the big job starts tomorrow. Please pray for me, as I'm really nervous about starting another new thing... although I know it will be great! I'll post about the job after I've got a few days under my belt!
Love,
Marci

3 comments:
MMMM I'm jealous of your dessert!!
I'm jealous of Mark's beers !! Seriously, though, congrats on your new job Marse...it sounds very interesting, and you will do fine!!! I enjoy all of your blogs.
Dad
a delayed response to your blog - I just found it!
anyways, did you happen to go downstairs to the bathrooms at Baileys Chocolate Bar? The ceiling is so low that i almost feel like I need to duck, and it's all decorated in Alice in Wonderland themes, which is very appropriate as the longer you're down there, the more you feel like you are outgrowing your building. Very creative!
Post a Comment