Sunday, November 2, 2008

A "Grand" Day

Since moving to St. Louis, Mark & I have tried to do or see something new each Sunday after church. We've of course repeated a few things (going to the zoo, mainly) but this has given us a great chance to see different things around the city.

Today was an amazingly beautiful day in good 'ol STL, so we started off the day by heading to the zoo to see the hippos. We were hoping they'd be swimming around so that we would be entertained... but they decided to keep the Sabbath & just relax in the sun : ) Still amazing creatures, even as they lazily hung out by the water, snoozing & drooling (a lot).

Next we walked over to the Art Museum (but didn't go in.... we're going on a tour there in a few weeks). This was our main purpose today:

This fantastic picture is the Grand Basin. The building at the top is the art museum, and we were up there, looking out over this glorious scene. It was so relaxing just to sit there & watch the couples on picnics, the kids rolling down the hill and the paddle boats cruising through the water.

I was so amazed by the palette... every shade of green, red, orange and yellow you can imagine. I've always loved the fall, but I find that as the older I get, the more I appreciate all its glory. It truly is amazing when you stop and take the time to admire nature's beauty. The changing of the seasons is all part of God's plan, and the fact that He created this beauty makes it even more amazing.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home, reading on the porch and talking with our neighbors! Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers