Today is my sweet husband's birthday! I just wanted to take a few minutes to tell everyone how fantastic he is! Last night we were sitting on the couch, cuddling & watching the NCAA basketball tournament, and I was overcome with a very real & emotional feeling. Don't get me wrong... it's not like it was the first time I realized how much I love Mark, but something about this was so different. Amazing is what it was. "He's my husband!", I thought. "WOW. My husband. Am I a blessed woman or what?"
Really, truly blessed. Mark is the most amazing husband. Not only is he a godly man who is constantly seeking better knowledge of the truth, but he's seeking that knowledge to help me too. I have never met anyone who loves to learn more than Mark. I think someday soon we're going to have to get more bookshelves! He is SO excited about learning, and when he tells me all about what he just read or heard, it's so easy to see the passion that he has.
Mark makes me laugh... A LOT! I'm not talking about a little giggle, I'm talking about truly laughing. Where my belly hurts & I wonder if I'm going to pee my pants. We have so much fun together, and I hope laughter is something that we'll be able to still share when we're 85 years old : )
The other day I posed the following question to myself. Could I possibly love Mark more than I do now? The answer is yes. I love him wholly, completely, but I know there are new ways in which I will love him. Now I love him as my husband of 3 months, and I love imagining how things will be someday. Someday I will love him as the father of my children. Someday I will love him as a pastor. Someday I will love him as my husband of 50 years. I love looking forward to that someday, although for now I wish time would just stand still.
I feel more complete now than I ever have imagined I could be. I've found my mate, my partner in life, my husband, in this wonderful human being we call Mark (or for Luke, Marky). Happy Birthday, baby.

1 comment:
As the song says" if you're happy and you know it, then your face will really show it..." . Definitley true!!
Dad
Post a Comment