Friday, July 5, 2013

Norah- 5 months!


(this is being written a few weeks late so hopefully I can remember everything!)

Norah, you are growing fast, sweet girl.  I feel like every time I turn around you're doing something new and exciting.  This month has been big for you in terms of personality and mobility- and you've got both!  I feel like you are often so, so happy... or so, so mad!  You definitely know how to express your needs and wants!  You reach for anything you see that you want to get your chubby little hands on, you will spin around when we're holding you to see what you want (so we've got to hold on tight), and when you want to eat, you sure let Momma know!  You have started laughing, mostly at Zoe, and it is the cutest sound and sight.  All she has to do is jump up and down, or make a silly sound, and you have a deep belly laugh that makes us all laugh with you.
You roll all over the place, can push yourself around on your belly, have started flopping out of the bouncy seat (must buckle you in now, but you arch and scream if you don't want in there), and are starting to try to army crawl.  You're a strong girl (physically and in terms of your will), there's no doubt about that!  You are slowly  learning to like being in the car, but it still isn't much fun.  You'll arch your back the second I put you in your car seat!  Maybe someday...
The biggest thing for you this month was your first time flying and being at the beach!  What a great air traveler you were- you slept every flight and were a flirt with everyone you saw on the planes and in the airport.  Now the drive from Charlotte to the beach wasn't fun, but Mamaw and Papaw were good sports and we all just tried to tune out your screaming :)  You loved the pool water and had your toes in the ocean a few times.  Vacation surely agrees with you, because several times you only woke up ONCE at night, and that was at 4am.  Sadly you got a cold and that ended quickly.  Please start sleeping more soon, sweet girl.  Momma needs some rest!
I will say that although I want you to sleep all night AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, I will miss our cuddle time at night.  That is when you nurse the best and you're so sweet when you're so, so tired.  During the day you are so distracted that it's often a struggle to get you to nurse well.  What a curious girl you already are!
I wonder what your little voice is going to sound like once you start talking.  Are you going to be silly like your daddy?  Talkative like your big sister?  What will be your favorite color, or toy, or food?  We are having so much fun with you, Nor Nor!!

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers