In the movie Anchorman, when the fellas enter a "spiritual and existential funk" they go and buy new suits. For me, I don't think that's going to do the trick.
I am overwhelmed by complexities that are far beyond my comprehension. Every thought experiment that goes through my head seems to end in some connundrum that is inescapable. I feel I have learned too much, and now I am trapped by logic, intuition, and divine literature. Just as I am typing this my favorite song "Majesty Snowbird" just came on my iTunes, and reminded me to cling to the cross. I want to be a snowbird and fly far from here. I want to read Ecclesiastes and remember that wisdom is just a chasing after the wind. If I tried to explain to you how the beauty of music is created, why musical harmony works, and why it tugs at the center of my heart, I couldn't do it.
I will cling to Him, his word, his Majesty. In the song, through blaring trumpets and winding strings, I hear the encouraging words, "don't stop, don't break, you can delight because you have a place." Lord, I need you now.

No comments:
Post a Comment